Everyone goes through trials and challenges. Everyone feels sadness and pain. Everyone often questions the reasons behind everything that we experience. Unfortunately, it’s a part of life that we have to go through in order to experience something greater.
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been experiencing a sense of sadness and I couldn’t figure out why. I tried to shift my mindset to reflect on how God has been and is still with me but I still couldn’t shake this feeling. It was just a feeling that I couldn’t explain or understand for that matter.
If you know me, you know that I love clouds so imagine every time that I stepped out and looked up, I see clouds that look like a storm. And what do I hear – a storm is coming! Each and every time, I saw and heard this. So, here I am feeling this sense of sadness and keep hearing the storm is coming and I have no idea what to do except lean in and trust God. I couldn’t talk to anyone about it because every time I tried, I couldn’t find the words to explain it. Every time I tried to write, I couldn’t find the words to write. I just had to pray and wait. Wait for his explanation of what I was experiencing!
In the midst of me waiting, I realized that God was speaking to me all along. I was just so focused on my feelings that I couldn’t hear what he was telling me. My storm was my God’s way of telling me to prepare but prepare for what……
- Understand that there is purpose to my broken pieces. My broken pieces have been created into something strong, beautiful and purposeful.
- Understand that I will face giants but those giants of fear, doubt and procrastination will not stop me
- Understand that God carries me during my dark moments. As such, I have to learn to give myself grace by remembering all the ways that God has come through.
- Be grateful at all times
- Understand that my failures lead to my growth and my opportunity to trust God
So in the midst of MY storm, I realized that I have to:
- Find peace – John 14:27, Psalm 16:11, John 16:13, 1 Col 3:15
- Get quiet and be still by taking the time to reflect and just be in the moment – Isaiah 30:15
- Trust Him no matter what – Psalm 33:4
- Pray at all times and give thanks – 1 Thes 5:16-18
- Let go of trying to control and just be – Rom 11:36, Isaiah 30:15
- Stop listening to the negative talk and transform my thoughts – 2 Cor 10:4-5, Col 3:2
In the midst of my storm, God blessed me with my rainbow! My lesson in the storm was to never lose sight of Him and continue to trust in Him. So you see, no storm will ever break you. They just teach you where your reliance of strength needs to come from.