One of the hardest things about pushing to pursue purpose or a goal is accepting who’s in your corner. We all know who the dream killers in our lives are. We know that they don’t want to see you win. And this is what we use to push into greatness as we want to prove them wrong. However, what do you do when the lack of support comes from family and friends? Hmm, that’s a hard reality to accept because hey they are family and friends, right?
Think about it, they never support your dreams and aspirations. They may say that they do but their actions tell a different story. They won’t clap for you. They won’t cheer you to the finish line. Yet, total strangers who you’ve connected with along your journey of purpose will cheer you on louder than them. You see there is nothing harder than having a vision or purpose and you’re working hard towards it but feel like you’re alone in your journey! Sometimes having no one can be harder than having a hater in your corner because at least the hater is pushing you to greatness. When you feel alone, you may lose the desire to keep moving forward. But beautiful, you can’t let the lack of support stop you from family and friends stop you. Don’t think about the person who’s not there supporting you but focus on the person who needs you while you’re fulfilling your purpose.
Here are so reminders to keep in mind when you need to keep going and it feels like there is no support:
- My passion is my priority – don’t say what if so and so is not there. Instead say, I’m following my passion and following my heart.
- Life is short – don’t worry about their opinions and expectations but follow your dreams
- People may never understand – sometimes people will try and discourage you because they understand “your” vision. As such, they may offer unsolicited advice. Just remember that if you are following your dream and passion then they don’t need to understand and it’s not your purpose to get them to understand.
- Maybe they are insecure – people may not support you because they are jealous of what you are trying to accomplish. Because of their insecurity and jealousy, they may not support you. Just keep going!
- There is plenty of possibility – the world is full of possibilities so do you really want to listen to someone else rather than listening to yourself. Objections from others is not your truth if you are listening to your heart.
- Their support is not needed – it is certainly possible to accomplish your dreams and purpose without their support. Think about what you have accomplished so far and continue taking the road less traveled. You did it then and you will do it this time too
- You can’t please everyone – this is the most important remember one of them all – focus on what you want to do and why you want to do! As long as you are doing it for you then who cares!
Remember, your life is a testimony for someone else so become your biggest cheerleader! Be the one cheering you to the finish line! Ring your own bell, toot your own horn and scream to the world all the greatness that you have within! Beautiful, you can do it and we (total strangers) are cheering you on and we are in your corner!