Last year, I decided that I would pass on the vision board and focus on one word. As I prepared for 2019, I asked God for my word. I received “surrender” and “expect the unexpected”. Never would have I imagined that those words would be my journey to find out if I was really committed to God which has me asking…
AM I COMMITTED TO THE TRIAL?
What God has revealed to me is am I willing to stand no matter what? Am I willing to keep fighting when all things are breaking loose? Am I willing to keep pushing my purpose of reminding women of their beautiful when I question my own “beautiful”? Am I willing to commit to Him and His will for my life when I’m going through the trial?
And my answer is YES! Don’t get me wrong, it may be a hesitant yes because I have wondered why me. But then I’m reminded of the webinar that I presented that reminded my guests why not me.
You see, when God created us, He gave us a purpose and we will not be content doing anything else until we fulfill the assignment. Therefore, be willing to stand in the trial by:
- Spending a moment examining any areas of your life where you’ve experienced a persistent struggle. Ask yourself have I leaned on God for the strength to endure
- Asking yourself are you willing to embrace the need for change
- Ask yourself how can you invite more ways to be open to the surrender
- Ask yourself what lies beneath any unwillingness to stand
- Acknowledging that things may not always work out as planned and letting that go
Beautiful, don’t you see. It’s the very thing that you consistently struggle with that will be the thing that God uses to bless others. We just have to lean into him for the strength to be committed to the end. So, my question to you is are you committed to the trial?