So Valentine’s Day is this week and it can often leave us questioning what it means to love. We look for candy, gifts, fancy meals and quality time when we are missing the biggest thing and that’s loving ourselves…..
What does it mean to love yourself? What does it mean to accept yourself? If you are going to love anyone else then you need to first love yourself. Loving yourself means:
- Accepting yourself just as you are and accepting those parts that you can’t change
- Accepting yourself unconditionally despite your “perceived” flaws
- Accepting yourself despite your past choices and decisions
- Accepting who God has called you to be rather than who others want you to be
- Loving yourself more than you love others
- Finding time to put yourself on the list when taking care of others
- Showing others how to love you (research the 4 love languages for more)
Do you see where I’m going with all of this? If you can’t accept yourself just as you are then how can you love anyone else? You will continue to search for love from people and things if you don’t define what it means to love you and truly accept those things. Don’t settle for anything less!
Take some time to meditate and answer these two questions:
- What 5 things do you love about yourself (physical, personality and lifestyle)? Then take time to celebrate those 5 things because YOU are absolutely amazing!
- What 3 things don’t you love about yourself? Then ask:
- Why don’t I love these things?
- What would it take to love myself FULLY despite these things?
Happy Valentine’s Day, Beautiful butterfly! YOU are LOVED! YOU are BEAUTIFUL!
Looking for more inspiration? Check out Unbreakable Memories!