I get it – you’re always on the go. Thinking about that to-do list and all the tasks that need to be done but you’re burnt out. You’ve done so much for any and everyone that you have no idea how you do it all. Well beautiful, when is the last time you rested? I mean really rested in order to rejuvenate yourself or realign with your purpose?
Here are just a couple of reasons for why it’s important to rest:
- Resting allows us the opportunity to connect with God – We are able to stop and listen for our assignment or areas of change.
- Quiet time allows us to think and process – We are able to slow down and process life to fully be in it and enjoy the moment
- Resting and pausing allows us to evaluate our goals and purpose in order to see where we may need to realign. In our journey of life, we may have become out of balance and resting allows us the chance to get back into alignment
- Chance to discover or rediscover who WE are and what WE like to do. No more just going with the flow and expectations of others. We get a chance to discover US
- Resting gives us a space of creativity – We have a chance to be still and be creative in our thoughts and mind. When is the last time that you colored or put a puzzle together? Don’t you remember those childhood days of playing? Get back to those moments!
Whatever our reasons for just going with the flow, it’s always important to stop and enjoy the moment! Life moves way to fast for us to just settle with our to-do lists. Stop and give yourself permission to slow down and be still.